Genki Bar® drives Hockey Performance & Muscle Recovery
"Genki Bars are key to my success. Using genki bars before and after games allow me to be at the top of my game, every game. With our grueling NHL schedule nutrition is so important, and this is how I get my edge!"
- Jay Rosehill, Toronto Maple Leafs
Hockey. A high intensity, high endurance sport that is demanding on the body. Nutrition plays a key role in a player’s performance and recovery. Genki Bar is well suited to provide the nutrition that players need for three periods of action.
Genki is proud to team with hockey players across all competition levels. Whether you are an NHL superstar like Travis Zajac, a university competitor like the University of Manitoba Bisons or a recreational player, Genki Bar® can help you improve your game.
How Does Genki Bar® Help With Your Hockey Performance?
- Provides you with sustained energy to get you through three periods of hockey
- Provides 7 grams of quality protein to help you recover
- Maintains consistency in blood sugar and allows players to elevate their game when needed.
- Has a low GI; designed for performance and health. Avoids "the crash". Lentils are one of the best sources of a low glycemic index carbohydrate. Consumption of a low GI carbohydrate before exercise will release glucose slower and at a more sustained rate, provide a metabolic advantage and is healthier. On the other hand, consuming a meal with a high GI before exercise causes a sharp increase in glucose, which may lead to an early depletion of muscle glycogen (the stored form of glucose). This sharp increase in blood glucose after a high GI meal also causes the body to release insulin. The high levels of insulin impair fat oxidation (the process of burning fat as fuel), which causes the body to rely even more on the glycogen stores. This can result in an early onset of fatigue and the depletion of glycogen stores, in other words "the crash".
- Genki Bar® has no additional vitamins and minerals. It is a natural source of iron, selenium, magnesium, phosphorous, folate, manganese, potassium, zinc, copper thiamin, and vitamin B6. Because the minerals come naturally (bio-available) there is a good absorption rate. Basically your body will absorb the nutrients more readily. These minerals are what most athletes are deficient of.
- The protein in the bars are truly amazing. It is a complete protein: complete with all your essential and non essential amino aids. It also has a high BCAA, which have been found to improve recovery.
- Selenium is an antioxidant, hard to find in food. Genki Bar® has a high concentration of it.